US$3mil Valve major will play out in November featuring sixteen of the world’s best teams
The first of the Valve Majors will be presented to the Dota community by ESL in what is Frankfurt, Germany’s iconic Festhalle from November 16-21. Sixteen of the best Dota 2 teams will battle it out for US$3 million in prize money, with the group stage of the competition to be played out offline in Frankfurt in the week leading up to The Frankfurt Major.
“We are honoured to have been given the chance to bring the first official Dota 2 Valve Major to life,” said Ulrich Schulze, Vice President of Pro Gaming at ESL. “We’re excited to be heading back to Frankfurt for a second time this year, for what is sure to become a legendary piece of Dota esports history.”
Attendance to the Frankfurt Major will be open to the public: only the day of the finals, Saturday November 21, will require a ticket. Finals day tickets will be sold in two separate waves (please see below for dates) and will be priced at €50.
A few important dates moving forward:
- September 27: tickets go on sale
- First wave begins: 11:00AM CEST
- Second wave begins: 7:00PM CEST
- October 1: open qualifier registration
- October 5: invited teams made public
- October 6-9: open qualifiers take place
- October 10-13: regional qualifiers take place