Season 3 of “DreamHack Tonight” to Premiere in March
“The Dreamies” Award Show to Return in April
COLOGNE/STOCKHOLM/NEW YORK — DreamHack, the immersive, gaming lifestyle experience where the gaming community comes to life, has announced it will be bringing back DreamHack Originals, an online series of original programming, beginning in March 2021. (Watch 2020 Highlights Video HERE.) Offering witty and engaging content packed with offerings for the community, the series will include: DreamHack Tonight (March 1), DreamHack Plays (March 2) and Community Clash (March 4).
In addition, “The Dreamies” Award Show, which premiered at DreamHack Anaheim in 2020, will return online on April 30, 2021, following the conclusion of Season 3 of “The DreamHack Originals.” With the creation of 20 gaming categories and 10 community categories gamers will understand and connect with, The Dreamies offers a unique twist. Not only will the awards show reward impressive visuals, development and design — but will also celebrate on the other reasons games are played.
The public may submit nominations for “The Dreamies” community categories beginning today at dreamhack.com/dreamies. Fans will also be able to vote on their favorite community nominees, which affords an opportunity to have their voice heard when deciding on winners. Details on fan voting will be announced. A judges panel will vote to determine the winners of the 20 gaming categories.
“DreamHack creates an arena where you can come to connect, explore, win, play a part, and be yourself through the gaming lifestyle experience,” said DreamHack Global Creative Director Justin Burnham. “With this ongoing initiative, we’ll bring fans lots of trending gaming news, industry tips and tricks, gamer lifestyles and hobbies, community tournaments, and much more — which allows us to extend the festival experience for our fans online, while also welcoming others to the larger gaming community we love so much.”
Complete schedule of programming dates and times are available online at dreamhack.com.
THE DREAMHACK ORIGINALS
- Season Premiere: Mon, Mar 1 | Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri weekly
- Available on: YouTube (full episodes) | Facebook | Twitter
- Hosts Alex Jebailey, Reinessa, and Kyle Konsmo with their many years of industry experience bring you DreamHack Tonight — a show promising satirical, yet affectionate, banter while acting as your aggregated source of gaming lifestyle’s most interesting tidbits.
- Season Premiere: Tue, Mar 2 | Tue-Fri
- Available on: Twitch | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | TikTok
- Join DreamHack staff member Aaron (Torbin) Linde and our partnered streamers and/or developers as they attempt to play hot titles and new games live with special guests each week
- Each week will feature new, different, unknown or exciting games and high-impact gameplay — whether being attacked by sharks or blowing up tiny worms
- Watch as they attempt to play titles selected for them in each episode and, in most cases, fail terribly.
- Season Premiere: Thu, Mar 4 | Weekly
- Available on: Twitch
- FREE to enter, Community Clash brings grassroots support to a revolving door of tournaments. Hone your skills at your favorite game or enjoy competing with your friends — there is something for everyone.
- Experience an array of game play, from fighting games, sports simulation, and shooters, to zombie survival, hammer slams, and space dogfights
- Helping to create engaging content are community partners including
- House Rivalries
- And more
- The tournament schedule will be available at: dreamhack.com/clash
- Second Annual Event: Fri, Apr 30, 2021
- Available on: Twitch | YouTube
- A total of 20 gaming categories and 10 community categories through which gamers will understand and connect
- Fans will be able to vote on the community categories to help decide the winners
- Nominations are being accepted now at dreamhack.com/dreamies
- Details on public voting for community categories will be announced
* * *
DreamHack is an immersive, gaming lifestyle experience where the community comes to life. Millions of fans tune in to DreamHack broadcasts each year, and the 24 hour-a-day festival weekends feature everything gaming under one roof. Attendees experience professional esports tournaments, amateur and varsity gaming tournaments, world-famous bring-your-own-computer (BYOC) LAN party, cosplay championship, panels, art, activities, expo, screenings, live music and more. In 2020, DreamHack merged with ESL to create ESL Gaming, the world’s largest esports and gaming lifestyle company. The two organizations have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation, across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline esports competitions and festivals.