Festival to Award Over $125k Across 20 Different Game Titles
DreamHack Beyond to Also Include “LAN Party”,
Streaming Studio, Cosplay Championship, Livestreamed Music and
Film Screenings, Expo, Panels, Game Demos and More
STOCKHOLM/COLOGNE/NEW YORK — DreamHack Beyond, a free, new hybrid festival and online multiplayer game, has added several tournaments to the event offerings, including the “Stream Beyond Invitational”, Rocket League Boost Cups, Hearthstone Challenge, Community Clash, Fighting Games Championships and more. In total, over $100k will be awarded across more than 20 different game titles Saturday, July 24 through Saturday, July 31, 2021. DreamHack Beyond is free and registration is available now at dreamhack.com/Beyond.
DreamHack Beyond was created to both complement and showcase the best of DreamHack in a fresh, new way allowing players/attendees to enjoy the festival in any way they choose — from virtual cosplay competitions, amateur and professional esports tournaments, and game demos, to the expo, panels, speedrunning, live streamed music and screenings, community tournaments and more. DreamHack Beyond will offer a hybrid experience featuring everything gaming under one “virtual” roof.
“The goal for all of us at DreamHack is to provide great experiences for our fans, which have traditionally thrived by bringing communities together for these shared and beloved festivals all around the globe,” said Marcus Lindmark, President DreamHack, SVP Project and Event Operations at ESL Gaming. “This last year has been an extraordinary time for so many, but now we are ready to bring our community back together for this innovative and uniquely-engaging occasion — we are super excited to share DreamHack Beyond with our fans.”
DreamHack is an immersive, gaming lifestyle experience where the community comes to life. While it started as a gathering of friends and their computers in a school cafeteria — with no online access — it has grown into a beacon of internet culture and a gathering place for gamers worldwide. DreamHack had its last in-person festival prior to the pandemic — February 2020 at DreamHack Anaheim. The next scheduled in-person events are DreamHack Atlanta November 12-14, 2021, and DreamHack Winter November 26-28, 2021.
DREAMHACK BEYOND TOURNAMENTS
STREAM BEYOND INVITATIONALS
Direct Invites available. Each team must have one member streaming. Open Qualifiers will run throughout June. Additional information is available at dreamhack.com/beyond.
- Fall Guys Invite-Only tournament
Prize Pool: $5,000+
- Call Of Duty Invite-Only tournament
Prize Pool: $5,000+
- Apex Legends Invite-Only tournament
Prize Pool: $5,000+
- Worms Rumble Invite-Only tournament
Prize Pool: $2,500
- Magic: The Gathering Online Invite-Only tournament
Prize Pool: $2,500
ROCKET LEAGUE BOOST CUPS
European Server Tournaments (Open to all regions, played on EU servers)
1v1 — $2000, July 25
- 2v2 — $4000, July 23
- 3v3 — $7500, July 30
- Freestyle — $1000, July 28; Finals on July 31
U.S. East Server Tournaments (Open to all regions, played on US East servers)
- 1v1 — $2000, July 29
- 2v2 — $4000, July 24
- 3v3 — $7500, July 31
- Freestyle — $1000, July 26; Finals on July 31
HEARTHSTONE THREE-HEADED DRAGON CHALLENGE
DreamHack has always had a history of the massive Hearthstone Swiss tournaments featuring the Last Hero Standing format. Naturally, that legacy will return for the inaugural DreamHack Beyond event.
With DreamHack Beyond everyone can play regardless of whether you are based in Europe, the Americas or Asia. Each tournament has a patronage of one of the Dragon Aspects — creating the first-ever Three-Headed Dragon Challenge. Details on registration, prize pool and more will be announced. Additional information is available at dreamhack.com/beyond.
FGC’S COMMUNITY CLASH TOURNAMENTS
Continuing on the community success of FGC’s Community Clash tournaments, DreamHack Beyond will include free-to-enter tournaments with even bigger prize pools featuring: Call of Duty, Guilty Gear -Strive-, Skullgirls, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, and a Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid League. All FGC Tournaments will be streamed live on twitch.tv/dreamhackfighters. Additional information is available at dreamhack.com/beyond.
Tournaments will take place throughout DreamHack Beyond week as follows:
- Guilty Gear -Strive-
- Saturday, July 24; Prize Pool, $2500
- Skullgirls 2nd Encore
- Sunday, July 25; Prize Pool, $1000
- Power Rangers Battle For The Grid League Tournament
- Sunday, July 25; Prize Pool, $1,000
- Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown
- Tuesday, July 27; Prize Pool, $1000
- Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
- Friday, July 30; Prize Pool, $1000
DMC3v3 Killer Instinct Event, Saturday, July 31:
- An invite-only 3v3 tag team event
- 8 teams of 3 (1 captain and two drafted teammates) fight in a high-stakes, single-elimination tournament.
- Each player has two lives and can only swap on a loss; the team captain can choose the order in which the players fight.
DREAMHACK BEYOND COMMUNITY CLASH
Grassroots tournaments are at the core of DreamHack’s DNA, so it’s only natural Community Clash has found a home at DreamHack Beyond. With over $30k in cash prizes spread over a dozen games, each day will bring new events. Registration opens on July 3. Signups will take place July 24-31.Additional information is available at dreamhack.com/beyond.
Tournaments will include:
- Fall Guys (Daily)
- Among Us (Daily)
- Valorant (Multi-day)
- Teamfight Tactics (Global)
- PUBG Mobile
- DreamHack SPAIN
ADDITIONAL DREAMHACK BEYOND OFFERINGS
- Complete the DreamHack Beyond adventure game narrative
- Create and customize their own game characters
- Collect limited edition items
- Look for side quests to build their XP
- Cheer on favorite teams with gear and custom animations
- Visit dynamically themed halls with their own lore
- Visit an interactive station for a personalized, one-of-a-kind experience, including seeing the latest and greatest from DreamHack partners
- Watch student, community, and professional esports tournaments (including Hearthstone and Rocket League)
- Attend panels
- Play game demos
- Enjoy live streamed music and screenings
- Participate in the beloved Cosplay Championship
- And take part in the event through the other more traditional DreamHack festival activities
See complete list of festival and interactive video game content HERE.
Media Assets available HERE
In-Game Footage available HERE
DreamHack Beyond Trailer available HERE
DreamHack is an immersive, gaming lifestyle experience where the community comes to life. Millions of fans tune in to DreamHack broadcasts each year, and the 24 hour-a-day festival weekends feature everything gaming under one roof. Attendees experience professional esports tournaments, amateur and varsity gaming tournaments, world-famous bring-your-own-computer (BYOC) LAN party, cosplay championship, panels, art, activities, expo, screenings, live music and more. In 2020, DreamHack merged with ESL to create ESL Gaming, the world’s largest esports and gaming lifestyle company. The two organizations have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline esports competitions and festivals.
DreamHack is collaborating with award-winning Super Crowd Entertainment for DreamHack Beyond to create this hybrid between reality and fantasy. Offering the most advanced online event frame available anywhere, the browser-based, multiplayer approach is unique but also user-friendly when navigating this digital experience. With proprietary Super Crowd X5 framework, the state-of-the-art game technology offers a booth editor for exhibitors, an ingame chat system, and full streaming and online product integration.