Cologne/New York/Stockholm – Today we have some great news to share as ESL Gaming has just finalized an exclusive media rights agreement with Huya, the leading game live streaming platform in China.
Some of the key facts:
- Following media rights agreements with ESL Gaming, Huya’s CS:GO and Dota 2 market share has soared since 2019.
- The new contract will run with Huya directly for two consecutive years from 2022 to 2023.
- ESL Gaming x Huya 2022-2023 is ESL Gaming’s first multi-year media rights deal in China.
- In accordance with the agreement, Huya will hold the exclusive rights for broadcasting and distributing ESL’s Dota 2 and ESL Mobile ecosystems, as well as of the ESL Pro Tour for CS:GO and StarCraft® II in China.
- Via dedicated streams, Huya will cover the tournaments in Standard Mandarin and other Chinese dialects.
For more information about ESL Pro Tour and the upcoming season, please visit the official website. To get all the latest news head to about.eslgaming.com or follow ESL Gaming on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
About ESL Gaming
ESL Gaming is the world’s leading esports company. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero, and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. Our portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, DreamHack Festivals, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL Gaming is part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group.
More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
About HUYA Inc.
HUYA Inc. (“Huya” or the “Company”) is a leading game live streaming platform in China with a large and active game live streaming community. The Company cooperates with e-sports event organizers, as well as major game developers and publishers, and has developed e-sports live streaming as one of the most popular content genres on its platform. The Company has created an engaged, interactive and immersive community for game enthusiasts of China’s young generation. Building on its success in game live streaming, Huya has also extended its content to other entertainment content genres. Huya’s open platform also functions as a marketplace for broadcasters and talent agencies to congregate and closely collaborate with the Company.
For more information, please visit: http://ir.huya.com.