Event to be First In-Person U.S. Festival in Two Years
DreamHack Anaheim to Feature ESL Challenger CS:GO, Halo and Fighting Game Tournaments
Additional Events to Include BYOC LAN, Expo, Cosplay Competition, Community Tournaments, Speedrunning, Panels, and More
STOCKHOLM/COLOGNE/NEW YORK — DreamHack, the immersive, gaming lifestyle experience where the community comes to life, today announced the first round of content for DreamHack Anaheim February 11-13, 2022, at the Anaheim Convention Center. This event will mark the first in-person DreamHack festival in the United States in two years — the most recent U.S. DreamHack festival took place in Anaheim in February of 2020. Early bird tickets for DreamHack Anaheim are available at dreamhack.com/anaheim.
- ESL Challenger CS:GO — $100,000 prize pool
- Top-tier Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is coming back to LAN after an era of online competition. With a DreamHack ticket, attendees can watch eight teams battle it out on stage — the grand final will be Sunday, February 13.
- The goal of ESL Challenger is to be the place for aspiring teams to prove themselves as world-class teams. Now with the participation in the ESL Pro Tour, this challenger level tournament will grant points towards the next EPT Championship — Intel®️ Extreme Masters: Cologne
- Halo NA Regional Tournament — $125,000 base prize pool (with opportunity to increase with crowdfunding)
- The North American Regional Championship will be a live event as players compete for cash prizes, and to qualify for the HCS Major Kansas City April 2022. A prize pool of $125,000 is on the line as the best Halo teams compete during this first-ever Halo Championship Series NA Regional Championship.
- Fighting Game Championships — More than $15,000 in cash prizes
DreamHack Anaheim will offer multiple FGC tournaments in which to compete:
- Nintendo GameCubeSuper Smash Bros. Melee, $2,500 prize poolSuper Smash Bros. Melee & Ultimate Doubles Tournaments, $1,000 prize pool each
- Nintendo Switch
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, $5,000 prize pool
- PlayStation 4
- Guilty Gear Strive, $5,000 prize pool
- Melty Blood: Type Lumina, $1,500 prize pool
- Registration for the tournaments are now live at: smash.gg/dhana22.
- Nintendo Switch
- Cosplay Competition | $2500 Prize | Saturday February 12
- Watch as a cosplayer builds an entire cosplay from start to finish in the Creator Hub on the cosplay stage
- The Anaheim 2020 Master Tier Cosplay winner has been invited back — not to compete, but to judge! Anaheim 2020 was the first festival that offered a judging slot to the winner, and Blake Lehr will be the first judge invited to Anaheim 2022.
Introducing the “Creator Hub”
This content center is designed with creators in mind. The social media studio provides lighting and backdrops for on-the-go TikTok and Instagram posts, while the Cosplay lounge offers a place to take off the wig,hydrate, or do some emergency repairs.
- The core component of the content hub — the stream studio — is leveling up with individual stages and top-end gear dedicated to each creator station.
- Invited influencers will have the flexibility of streaming in front of Indie-inspired artwork or green screens, with stations able to change on the fly to meet everyone’s personal preference.
- Attendees can watch cosplay being created live on the cosplay stage, or hop over and listen to a live DJ set from the Music stage.
- The Creator Hub will also feature speedrunning activations, and be the home for the panel stage, with content covering esports, game development, cosplay, and inclusive community building.
While Sweden-based DreamHack started as a gathering of friends and their computers in a school cafeteria — with no online access — it has grown into a beacon of internet culture and a gathering place for gamers worldwide.
Additional DreamHack Anaheim events will be announced, including BYOC LAN, Expo, Live Music, Indies, Artists Alley, Tabletop Gaming, and more. Details will be announced soon.
* * *
DreamHack is an immersive, gaming lifestyle experience where the community comes to life. Millions of fans tune in to DreamHack broadcasts each year, and the 24 hour-a-day festival weekends feature everything gaming under one roof. Attendees experience professional esports tournaments, amateur and varsity gaming tournaments, world-famous bring-your-own-computer (BYOC) LAN party, cosplay championship, panels, art, activities, expo, screenings, live music and more. The DreamHack brand is a part of ESL Gaming, the world’s leading esports company.
About Visit Anaheim
Founded in 1961, Visit Anaheim is a 501 (c)(6) nonprofit destination marketing organization. Visit Anaheim’s mission is to develop, promote, market and sell the destination as a premier visitor destination benefiting the economic vitality of the local community.
About Orange County Sports Commission
Orange County Sports Commission (OCSC), a division of Visit Anaheim, aims to solicit, promote and enhance sporting events to create a positive economic impact and improve the quality of life for the community. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, the OCSC is comprised of a collection of destinations including Visit Anaheim, Travel Costa Mesa, Visit Huntington Beach, Destination Irvine, and Visit Laguna Beach. To learn more about OCSC, visit: www.ocsportscommission.com.